As I discover palm-oil free foods, that are also suitable for vegans, I’ll add them here. Please let me know if you find any! (Please note these will be UK products)
Fruit – All 🙂
Vegetables – All 🙂
- Naturli Vegan Spreadable – currently available in 175 Sainsbury’s across the UK and in talks to add more.
- Fry’s Family Foods – a vast majority of these meals are palm oil free, using just sunflower seed oil, but avoid all the pastries and pies which include vegetable oil from palm fruit. Enjoy burgers, sausages, nuggets, schnitzels, mince, vegan prawns, chicken-style and thick-cut strips.
- McVitie’s Rich Tea
For advent calendars see my blog post here.
- Booja-Booja – an all-time favourite indulgence! They make vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, palm-oil free truffles in a wide variety of delicious flavours. Hazelnut is my favourite!
- Plamil – Good dairy-free chocolate. I get this in Holland and Barrett.
- Cooperative Loved By Us Dark Chocolate – at just £1 per 150g bar this is an affordable, sustainable, vegan treat! And it’s Fairtrade.
- Co-op Irresistible 56% Cocoa Dark Chocolate with Orange – also Fairtrade
- Hotel Chocolat – I recently discovered Hotel Chocolat now offer a massive range of dairy-free vegan chocolate, and a lot of it is on sale now!
- Moo Free – who can resist a Mini Moo? I love the cheeky orange. Luckily they now also offer ‘adult’ size bars! My daughter had Moo Free chocolate in her stocking and I treated myself to their Advent calendar this year. Organic, dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, wheat free, casein free, soya free, vegetarian & vegan. They substitute rice milk for cow’s milk to get a realistic ‘milk chocolate’ flavour.
- Tesco – The Finest 74% Cocoa Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate is suitable for vegans and palm oil free.
- Cadbury Bourneville Cocoa Powder – not a natural company to support but the cocoa powder is dairy free, vegan, palm oil free and Fairtrade.
- Green and Black’s Organic Cocoa Powder – Fairtrade, organic, dairy free and vegan cocoa powder.
- Green and Black’s – The Maya Gold, Hazelnut & Currant, Ginger and 70% & 85% cocoa dark chocolates are suitable for vegans, organic and palm oil free.
- Waitrose Christmas Signature Spice hot chocolate – cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, star anise, clove, tangerine oil and a golden shimmer – what’s not to love?
- Carluccio’s Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- VEGO – a giant chocolate bar with hazelnut paste, hazelnut cocoa cream and whole hazelnuts. “Probably the biggest and tastiest chocolate bar in the world” they say! Also available as individually wrapped chunks called Vegolinos.
- iChoc – not all varieties. Choose Almond Orange, Classic, Super Nut, White Nougat Crisp, Sunny Almond and Jungle Bites.
- Ombar – bars and buttons
- Divine – not a vegan company but they do produce a large range of flavoured dark chocolate suitable for vegans
- Loving Earth – delicious varieties include Nutty Mr Maple, Banoffee Bang Bang and Salted Caramel Swayzee. Whole-food ingredients.
- Vivani chocolate bars and mini versions include a few vegan varieties, highlighted with a vegan logo online.
- Seed and Bean organic chocolate bars – lots of flavours! They say “We are the UK’s only chocolate company to receive a 100% ethical pass mark accreditation.”
- Biona Organic – a range of jelly sweets including Cola Bottles, Berry Burst, Jelly Dinos, Mini Fruit Bears, Pomegranate Hearts, Sour Snakes, Tutti Frutti Gums. They also sell lollies, mints and licorice.
- Freedom Marshmallows – vanilla, strawberry and mini varieties.
- Free From Fellows – all varieties: Midget Gems, Cola Bottles, Gummy Bears, Lolli Pops, Pear Drops, Rhubarb and Custard.
- Jom organic candy – Fizzy Caramel, Wild Raspberry, Sour Blueberry, Juicy Peach.
- Barratt – Sherbert Dip Dab, Sherbert Fountain
- Marigold Organic Swiss Vegetable Bouillon powder – the red tub is vegan and palm oil free, or at least the tub I own is! The website still lists palm oil as an ingredient but it says sunflower oil on my own tub.
- Vecon vegetable stock
- Nine Meals From Anarchy Uncorrupted Veg Stock
- Suma Organic Reduced Salt Vegetable Bouillon Powder
- Suma Organic Vegetable Bouillon Powder
- Violife – Comes in slices, blocks or creamy spreads. Not all flavours available in the UK yet.
- Bute Island – Creamy, blocks and slices
- Follow Your Heart vegan cheese slices. Not the shreds; these are made with palm oil.
- Tyne Chease vegan cheese blocks
- Daiya slices, blocks and cream cheeze style spreads. Shreds are made with vegetable glycerine that contains palm derivatives.
- Penn State Salted Pretzels
- Golden Wonder Crisps – tomato ketchup
- Thai Spiced Crackers
- Prawn Shells
- Bacon Rashers
- ASDA Malted Wheats
- Morrisons Mighty Malties
- Morrisons Super Hoops
- Morrisons Extra Fruits Muesli
- Morrisons Bran Flakes
- Morrisons Sultana Bran
- Morrisons Wheat Biscuits
- Bear Alphabites
- Tesco Wheat Biscuits
- Weetabix Organic
- Weetabix Chocolate
- Weetabix Banana
- Weetabix Golden Syrup
- Weetabix Oatibix Flakes
- Weetabix Crispy Minis Chocolate Chip
- Whole Earth Golden Organic Corn Flakes
- Whole Earth Maple Frosted Organic Flakes
- Whole Earth Organic Swiss Style Recipe Muesli
- Dorset Cereals Simply Oat Granola
- Dorset Cereals Simply Nutty Muesli
- Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli
- Dorset Cereals Simply Fruit Muesli
- Kellogg’s Fruit ‘n’ Fibre
- Kellogg’s Organic Original Wheats