As I discover palm-oil free foods, that are also suitable for vegans, I’ll add them here. Please let me know if you find any! (Please note these will be UK products)
Fruit – All 🙂
Vegetables – All 🙂
- Fry’s Family Foods – a vast majority of these meals are palm oil free, using just sunflower seed oil, but avoid the pastries and pies which include vegetable oil from palm fruit.
- McVitie’s Rich Tea
- McVitie’s Digestives Lights
- Booja-Booja – an all-time favourite indulgence! They make vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, palm-oil free truffles in a wide variety of delicious flavours. Hazelnut is my favourite!
- Plamil – Good dairy-free chocolate. I get this in Holland and Barrett.
- Cooperative Loved By Us Dark Chocolate – at just £1 per 150g bar this is an affordable, sustainable, vegan treat! And it’s Fairtrade.
- Hotel Chocolat – I recently discovered Hotel Chocolat now offer a massive range of dairy-free vegan chocolate, and a lot of it is on sale now!
- Moo Free – who can resist a Mini Moo? I love the cheeky orange. Luckily they now also offer ‘adult’ size bars! My daughter had Moo Free chocolate in her stocking and I treated myself to their Advent calendar this year. Organic, dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, wheat free, casein free, soya free, vegetarian & vegan. They substitute rice milk for cow’s milk to get a realistic ‘milk chocolate’ flavour.
- Tesco – The Finest 74% Cocoa Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate is suitable for vegans and palm oil free.
- Cadbury Bourneville Cocoa Powder – not a natural company to support but the cocoa powder is dairy free, vegan, palm oil free and Fairtrade.
- Green and Black’s Organic Cocoa Powder – Fairtrade, organic, dairy free and vegan cocoa powder.
- Green and Black’s – The Maya Gold, Hazelnut & Currant, Ginger and 70% & 85% cocoa dark chocolates are suitable for vegans, organic and palm oil free.
- Waitrose Christmas Signature Spice hot chocolate – cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, star anise, clove, tangerine oil and a golden shimmer – what’s not to love?
- Carluccio’s Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- Haribo Sour Rainbow Strips and twists – these contain carnauba wax, but as much as I can tell, this is a different palm to the palm oil palm, so potentially OK. If anyone knows differently, please clarify! (update – I’m checking on the E471 ingredient, could be palm oil. No sour faces yet please!)
- Biona Organic Vegan Cola Bottles
- Freedom Marshmallows
- Marigold Organic Swiss Vegetable Bouillon powder – the red tub is vegan and palm oil free, or at least the tub I own is! The website still lists palm oil as an ingredient but it says sunflower oil on my own tub.
- Penn State Salted Pretzels
- Golden Wonder Crisps – tomato ketchup
- Thai Spiced Crackers
- Prawn Shells
- Bacon Rashers